Tyson Fury welcomes daughter Athena home after intensive care battle

Tyson Fury welcomes daughter Athena home after intensive care battle

Tyson and Paris’ sixth daughter, Athena, was born 11 days ago, but due to complications, the newborn had to stay in the hospital where she was admitted to intensive care.

Video upload

Video not available

Tyson Fury sends a message to ‘bully’ Deontay Wilder

Paris Fury has confirmed to her delighted fans that her 11-day-old daughter Athena has arrived at the family home for the first time after being released from the hospital after a stay in intensive care.

Tyson’s wife gave birth to the couple’s sixth child on August 8, but the family remained in the hospital with the baby in intensive care and on a ventilator.

But almost two weeks after the birth, the radiant couple were able to celebrate Athena’s arrival home with a series of photos posted on social media.

Baby Athena appears amidst a beaming Fury family, with her siblings Venezuela, 10, Prince John James, eight, Prince Tyson II, four, Valencia, three, and Prince Adonis Amaziah, 16 months, all looking delighted to have their home. .

Paris published the image of Athena with father Tyson and his five brothers

Parents have tried to keep fans updated on Athena’s progress, asking her to stay in their thoughts, after she was born with serious health complications.

Earlier this week, Tyson posted that Athena had come out of intensive care, while explaining that she should be returning home soon.

Tyson, 33, has started a GoFundMe page to help raise money for Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool, such has been the level of care provided by doctors and nurses.

Fury’s father John explained to BT Sport that Athena had received life-saving treatment after being dead for three minutes.

He said: “It’s been a bit tricky, we’ve had a lot to deal with.

“But we have come out the other side due to the professionalism of the Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool, it is the best children’s hospital in the country, if not the world.

Paris and Tyson have kept their fans updated with the newborn’s progress

“They have been really magnificent, they have really saved her life because she was dead for three minutes and they brought her back, it is from now on.”

As Athena’s condition seemed to be improving, the WBC champion returned to training on the road for his next decisive match with American Deontay Wilder.

In a video with his father John, Tyson told fans: “Run four miles there with my dad in the park here in Liverpool.

Every Monday we give our verdict on the weekend’s fights and, more importantly, what’s next for the winners and losers.

Signing up is easy, just click this link, enter your email address and select ‘Boxing’ from the list.

“I hope to God the baby gets out of the hospital on Wednesday and can start training for the big dispenser Deontay Wilder, giving me about seven and a half weeks, which is plenty of time for a cup like that.”

The original fight between the two heavyweights was supposed to take place earlier this summer, but has now been delayed until October 9 after the Gypsy King tested positive for coronavirus.

Tyson’s latest post on social media appears to be his last for a while and announces that he will remain offline until he has completed his trilogy completing the fight in America.


Leave a Comment