Briton among six accused of seizing two tons of cocaine on a yacht | UK News

A Briton is among the six men charged after authorities seized more than 2 tons of cocaine aboard a luxury yacht.

The National Crime Agency (NCA) said the suspects had been charged with drug trafficking offenses in the seizure, which was made 80 miles (130 km) off the coast of Plymouth on Thursday and is estimated at about 160 million pounds sterling.

Andrew Cole, 32, of Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham, will appear in Plymouth Magistrates Court on Monday along with Nicaraguan citizens Billy Downs, 49, Denson White-Morales, 34, Edwin Taylor-Morgan, 40, Brynie Sjogreen, 38, and Ryan Taylor, 42.

The NCA said the operation involved its personnel, as well as the Australian Federal Police and the Border Force.

The 42-meter cutter Searcher of the Border Force maritime command and the 19-meter coastal patrol vessel Alert had covertly identified and monitored the movements of the yacht, Kahu.

Sailing from the Caribbean, he was intercepted and accosted by specialist Border Force and NCA officers in international waters north of Guernsey before being escorted back to an undisclosed location in the mainland UK.

Leave a Comment

x